Yellow Flower Cafe - Ubud's Hidden Gem

So, I was visiting Ubud for Ubud Food Festival 2017 and met a nice Vietnamese-Australian young woman who fortunately has a mutual interest with me: FOOD. Then, she introduced me to this hidden gem in Ubud named Yellow Flower Cafe.


Finding the location of this soothing cafe is hard, I must say for the new comers. I was taking an ojek so I got lost a lot because the driver and I both had no idea of where this cafe was lol. While my friend got there by walking from the main road which is apparently so much easier. 


Some hints to get there by walking from Jl. Raya Ubud:
1. Direct your path from Jl. Raya Ubud to Jl. Raya Campuan.
2. When you see Tjamphuhan Hotel on the right side, find Penestanan steps on the left side. 
3. Yes, it will be stairs along the way but you can feel relieved after you find a signage of Yellow Flower Cafe that will direct you to turn right, follow the path.
5. After you pass Intuitive Flow (a yoga school), Yellow Flower Cafe will be after it. Feel free to choose your seat and enjoy the view of Ubud's greeneries from up above!



I can say this place is good for breakfast, although they also provide Sunday nights buffet starting from 5.30pm. But if you go here for breakfast, it's like you can have some exercise first (by taking all the stairs), and then relax and breathe all the morning fresh air at this cafe.




The interior is full of wooden seating, hays for roof, and a touch of glass table at some corner to add the calm feeling. Some corners are decorated with paintings. So much Ubud's vibe going on at this place. Natural, artsy, and loaded with good food. Ah~




By this ambience, I tried their smoothie bowl which is perfect as a morning energizer. They have lots of smoothie bowl varieties but I chose this one: 

Super Green Smoothie Bowl (IDR 55.000) 
They served it in a coconut shell and place it on a small bowl for balance. Unique & cute enough, right? I really love the plating of this smoothie bowl which I rarely find in Jakarta. How they place the bananas and other ingredients like the dragonfruits, granola, coconut shreds, pink pearls, and the nicely-distributed-and-not-disturbing chia seeds, with a little slice of jackfruit on top (although I can go with more jackfruit since I like it).  

At a glance I saw this bowl as a small one, but turned out it filled my stomach so easily because of its thick smoothies texture. I actually forgot what fruits were there for the smoothies mixture, but I remember I read moringa. Which I googled and found it as a 'miracle tree'; one of the superfoods; a nutritious plant that's really good for our health you can read further on this link. So I guess I eat right and breathe healthy here :3

Other than smoothie bowl, you can find various vegan organic food to Balinese Nasi Campur too. One of the Nasi Campur consists of brown rice, eggs, lawar, fried tofu, orek tempeh, and serundeng (Indonesian roasted coconut flakes). They also have a dessert called Key Lime Pie Dragon Fruit which I heard it as an obviously tasty and healthy dish. Now I feel some kind of regret to miss other menu here.

It's a must-repeatedly-visit-place if I come back to Ubud!


Yellow Flower Cafe
Penestanan/Campuhan Steps, Penestanan, Ubud 80570, Bali Indonesia
Ph. +62 361 8899865 / +62812-3889-9695
Open hour: 8am - 9pm (last order 8.20pm)
Price exclude 10% tax

Facebook: Yellow Flower Cafe Ubud Bali
yellowflowercafe@gmail.com

Comments